- Veal or Chicken cutlets in a lemon butter sauce
- Deb Kiska
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). veal or chicken cutlets
- 2 14 oz (392 grm). cans chicken broth
- 2 or more lemons, depends on taste
- 16 oz (448 grm). butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- Pound cutlets to approximately 1 inch thick
- Mix flour in a bowl with 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt and 2 tbsp (30 ml). pepper.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- In a large frying pan pour in oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Dip cutlets in egg.
- Dredge cutlets in flour mixture.
- Place cutlets in frying pan, browning on both sides.
- Remove cutlets from pan, place in dish to side.
- Melt the butter in the same pan add the juice of lemons and chicken broth.
- Place cutlets in liquid in pan.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for 45 minutes. No turning is necessary.
- Remove cutlets from pan.
- Pour sauce over culets
- If frying pan is not big enough, a baking pan can be used.
- Follow above steps for preparing.
- Place everything in a baking pan and cover.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was given to my mother many years ago. It came from a resturant in Little Italy, in New York.
It might not be what the reader is looking for, but it tastes great.