Deep Dish Peach & Blackberry Pie
- American Baking Classics
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 peaches (about 1 - 1/2 pounds) peeled pitted and skinned
- 2 cups (475 ml) blackberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 deep dish pie crust recipe
- In mixing bowl combine the sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
- Add the peach slices and blackberries.
- Toss fruit and sugar mixture together gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon fruit into the pie dish mounding it as you go.
- Dot the top with the bits of butter.
- Cover the fruit with the prepared pie dough.
- Cut a few steam vents in the crust with a small, sharp knife.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes at 425 degrees (225 C.) F. then reduce oven temp to 350 degrees (175 C.), and continue baking for 40 minutes longer or till the crust is golden and the fruit is tender.
- This is quick and easy!! The hardest thing is the pie crust!!