- Carol K.
Serves/Makes:10 to 12
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- Combine crumbs, pecans and margarine; press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Reserve 1 cup (225 ml) batter.
- Add remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices to remaining batter; mix well.
- Alternately layer pumpkin and cream cheese batters over crust.
- cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake at 350 F. for 55 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Easy and pretty alternative to regular pumpkin pie and a delight for