Confidence Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) Confidence Mix (see recipe # 000551)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salad oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk (none on hand? Just mix one cup of 2% milk with one tblsp. of lemon juice. Let stand for 15 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped nuts, or unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar or maple syrup or 3 drops of Stevia as a sweetener
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla &/or almond extract
- By hand or in the food processor, mix the liquid ingredients together thoroughly.
- Then add the dry ingredients mixing until just moist.
- Heat a frying pan or heavy skillet until water dropped on the surface spatters.
- If a well-seasoned cast iron is used, it's not necessary to oil the pan, otherwise, do so.
- Drop the batter onto the pan by 1/8 cup (30 ml) measures.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over with a metal spatula.
- When brown, serve up.
- I forgot to mention with the confidence mix recipe that the mix can be
stored for a long time in an airtight jar in the fridge or on the counter.
Coolest and handiest place available to remind you to use it.