Pistachio cake (made with club soda)
- Yellow bundt cake, cut into three sections and filled with fluffy pistachio pudding.
- McCall's - May, 1976 - Full-page advertisement
- 1 package (2 layer size) white or yellow cake mix
- 1 package JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) club soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- Blend all ingredients in large mixer bowl
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed
- Bake in greased, floured 10" bundt pan at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 minutes
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Split into 3 layers.
- Spread about 1 cup (225 ml) of frosting between layers, spoon rest into center.
- Garnish with chopped nuts
- To make frosting:
- Blend 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold milk
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix
- 1 package Jell-o Pistachio Flavor Instant Puddng
- Whip until thickened; about 5 minutes
- This is still one of my families favorite desserts. It is very moist and
refreshing. My daughter-in-law sent me a recipe from this site just a few
days ago and I am pleased to say that I have added it to "Favorites".
Look forward to possibly contributing recipes and also enjoying some new
ones. Thank you.