- A zucchini/carrot bread with lemon flavoring.
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts, optional
- 4-1/2 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded zucchini with peel, if tender
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice, fresh if possible
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lemon peel (tastes better with this)
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, lemon juice and peel.
- Sift and add all dry ingredients except nuts.
- Mix well, add nuts.
- Put into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) F. oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- This bread goes well with meals. My friend gave me this recipe with a loaf
and it was very good. I have not yet made it as I haven't had any zucchini.