- Patty Johnson
- 10 Lbs (4.5 kg). Green (unripe) Mangoes*, cut up
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Lb (.2 kg). Seedless Raisins
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can Crushed Pineapple
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). Chili Powder
- 2 oz (56 grm). fresh Ginger Root, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). Cinnamon
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). Whole Pickling Spices
- 3 cups (700 ml) Vinegar
- 3 Lbs (1.4 kg). Brown Sugar or more to taste
- *There are multitudinous varieties of mangoes and sizes. An average mango will
- weigh about 3/4 pound. Be careful with the peel because it causes allergic
- reactions in some.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Boil slowly for 2 to 3 hours or until thick.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into clean sterilized jars and seal and process according to manufacturers canning instructions for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Store at room temperature.
- This recipe is from the Tropic Cooking Cookbook.