- Teddy Ronan
- 3 Lbs (1.4 kg). Green Mangos, halved, pitted, peeled and diced (9 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) vinegar
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). plums, scalded, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Sprinkle mangos with and set aside for 1 hour. Drain.
- Process the ginger, garlic and 2/3 cup (150 ml) vinegar in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste.
- Put the mangos and sugar in a saucepan and boil until mangos are tender and mixture is a jam-like consistancy, about 45 minutes.
- Add the seasoned paste and stir gently.
- Add the plums and cook stirring for eight minutes.
- Add remaining vinegar and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and dry.
- Put in jars and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.