- Kate Ransdell
- 5 tomatillos, husked and rinsed until no longer sticky
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Mexican oregano (if you can find it)
- 2 Serrano chiles, minced (remove seeds if you don't want it too hot)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white onion, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, or more as desired
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatillos and garlic.
- Add avocado, cilantro and oregano and puree until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and water to thin.
- The salsa should be pourable.
- Try this gently heated over shrimp enchiladas; or as a sauce in fish tacos.