- "Spicey sausage, russet potatoes, and cavolo greens in a light creamy broth"
- "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" Cookbook
Serves/Makes:4 as appetizer
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped kale
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). spicy Italian sausage
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the stock and cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4-inch slices, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup.
- Add the kale.
- Grill or saute the sausage.
- When cooked and cooled, cut the sausage at an angle into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add the sausage to the soup.
- Add the spices and let the soup simmer for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- This is supposed to be the actual Olive Garden recipe.