- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) light corn syrup
- 6 oz (168 grm). chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet - your choice)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crushed peppermint stick candy
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- Combine milk, sugar, and corn syrup in heavy sauce pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and is bubbling all over top.
- Boil and stir two minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until completely melted and smooth.
- Cool five minutes.
- Add candy and nuts; mix well.
- Drop mixture onto wax paper by spoonful.
- Chill until set.
- Try cherry-flavored sticks for chocolate-covered cherry taste.
For easy crushing, I place the sticks in a plastic bag and use a wooden mallet to crush.