- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) peanut butter
- 5 cups (1175 ml) rice krispies
- 1 cup (225 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) butterscotch chips
- (can use 2 cups (475 ml) each of chocolate and butterscotch chips if desired)
- Cook sugar and corn syrup in large pan over moderate heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanutbutter.
- Mix in rice krispies.
- Press into buttered 13 inch x 9 inch pan and let harden.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips over hot (not boiling) water, stir to blend. (I melt them in the microwave)
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Chill about 5 minutes until top is firm.
- Cut into bars (whatever size you prefer).
- These treats were at every family reunion I went to while growing up. As soon
as I was old enough to cook, this was the first recipe I asked for. They are
a favorite wherever I take them.