- Leigh Ann
Serves/Makes:1 skillet of gravy
- 5 Tbsp (70 ml). margarine or butter
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1 can beef broth OR 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) juices from meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized skillet, melt the margarine or butter.
- Cook the onion in the margarine until browned; discard onion.
- Add the flour to the butter
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until flour is brown.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This gravy is very easy to make and goes well with beef, veal, or pork.
It also tastes great with mashed potatoes. For a variation, try using
chicken broth instead of beef broth.