Hot Dogs with Coney Island Sauce
- Easy to make and better than any store bought
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). margerine
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground round
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). yellow mustard
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can water
- 5 hot dogs (I use the kind with the casing on them)
- Combine all ingredients but the hot dogs and simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Grind or chop hot dogs ( casings too) and add to sauce.
- Continue to simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Note: Do not brown the ground round before using.