- 16 frozen hashbrown patties (non-cooked)
- 1 pint cream (half & half)
- 2/3 lb (.3 kg). Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 sticks margarine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Thaw hash browns.
- Break up hashbrowns and put into 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add cream.
- Add cheeses and salt and pepper to taste.
- When cheeses are melted, pour over hanshbrowns.
- Mix until hanshbrowns are coated well.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for one hour or until lightly brown.
- This is an easy recipe and great to bring to holiday dinners.
Especially good with served with ham.
Can also be modified to use whole or 2% milk, lowfat cheese
and cut back on butter, but they will not be as moist.