- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can cream of chicken soup
- Dip chicken in 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk.
- Roll pieces in flour seasoned with the salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Place chicken in pan, skin side down.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and bake 15 minutes.
- Blend 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk and soup.
- Pour over aand around chicken.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until done.
- Found this recipe in a church cookbook. It sounds similar to the one
you are looking for.