- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped carrots
- 20 oz (560 grm). can cannelli (or other white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (32 oz (896 grm).)chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced zuccini
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned tomato
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced potato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet basil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- Melt margarine in deep pot.
- Add onion,celery, carrot and sautee for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except paste and cheese); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Add tomato paste and cheese, simmer 30 minutes longer.
- An old Italian lady gave me this recipe a very long time ago.
If you would like to add shredded cabbage the amount would be