- Flavorful and Healthy
- Rick Delligatti
- 8 good sized potatoes, washed, skins left on
- olive oil, just enough to cover the bottom of pan
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hot Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried sweet basil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried oregano
- fresh parsley for garnish.
- Wash potatoes,set aside.
- In large skillet add oil and sausage.
- Cook until sausage is brown; drain.
- Add garlic, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Slice and add potatoes and cook on medium heat, covered for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove cover and cook for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are brown.
- Add sweet basil and oregano; stir.
- Remove to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with a salad, and you have a great dinner.