- Angela Creighton
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 - 16 oz (448 grm).) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, coarsely mashed
- 1 pkg. frozen corn and lima bean succotash
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (225 ml) coarsely broken corn tortilla chips
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced jalapeno chili peppers
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sour cream
- Place chili powder in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes with their juices.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Add succotash, chicken, 1/3 cup (80 ml) corn chips and minced peppers.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Put one tsp of sour cream in center of each bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining corn chips.
- Can be doubled.