Chocolate Iced Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate cookies with frosting and topped with coconut
- Angela Creighton
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 bag (6 oz (168 grm).) chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to mixture, mixing well.
- Add eggs and mix until well blended.
- Wet hands with cold water and roll tbspful-sized dough into balls.
- Place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add in cocoa and boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.
- If frosting seems too thick, add water.
- If it seems too thin, add powdered sugar.
- Spread on cooled cookies.
- Top cookies with a sprinkling of coconut.
- Very rich.