- A great dip for Nachos, or any corn chip.
- Marci Ross
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs (.9 kg). hamburger (I usually use 2 lbs)
- 1 can refried beans (not the real small can, but the average size)
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheddar cheese (sharp, or mild)
- 1 jar salsa (not the real big jar)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sour cream
- a dash of garlic salt
- Brown the hamburger (draining the grease) then add your can of refried beans mixing both the hamburger and the beans together.
- Add a dash of garlic salt or any other kind of seasoning if you would like.
- Place hamburger mixture in a large oval or round casserole dish pressing the mixture down to form a bottom layer.
- Next add your salsa (right on top), then spread your sour cream on top of the salsa, and last but not least your cheese.
- Place it in your microwave uncovered on high for about 10-12 minutes or until your cheese is completely melted.
- I've never tryed it in the oven, just cause the micro is sooo easy, but I'm sure the oven would do fine
- You can make this ahead of time just cover and put in the refridgerator.
- This is a great recipe to make for last minute get togethers. It looks like
you spent a lot of time but it takes minutes to make. My mom handed the
recipe down to me, it has always been a family favorite. Enjoy