Mushroom Lover's "Shrooms"
- A different "Sweet & Sassy" way to prepare "Shrooms" So easy & very good!!!
- Sharyn in KC
Serves/Makes:Depends on Presentation
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margerine (I use butter)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) onion, diced fine (sweet is best)
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). medium white mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, well packed
- 4 tsp (20 ml). Worchestershire sauce
- 4 tsp (20 ml). prepared mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onion & saute until soft, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cook until evenly heated.
- "Shrooms" can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with Beef or
Pork. (Since I'm a certified "Shroom Lover", they work equally well over
scrambled eggs, etc.).