Seared Bourbon Steaks with Garlic Mustard Sauce
- 2 tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bourbon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). ground black pepper
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). grated orange rind
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chives
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- To prepare sauce:
- Mix ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Steaks:
- Combine bourbon, sugar and pepper; rub over steaks.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat.
- Grill 13 to 17 minutes.
- For rare 140 degrees (60 C.), to medium 160 degrees (70 C.), turn once halfway through cooking time.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks with Golden Garlic Mustard Sauce.
- I don't remember where I got this recipe, but everyone who has tried it
If you want more of a bourbon flavor, place the steaks in a dish with the
bourbon and sugar mixture and let if marinate for 1/2 hour.
This also works well under the broiler.