- Angela Creighton
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar, divided
- 2 ripe papayas, seeded and chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) fresh, ripe pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) dark rum
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced fresh strawberries
- kiwi slices for garnish
- Combine 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, papaya, and next 3 ingredients in blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, tossing to coat.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Top each serving with strawberries.
- Garnish with kiwi, if desired.
- I found this recipe on a recipe message board. I remember a request for an
amaretto fruity soup -- I hope this will do.