- Pamela Coates
- 6 cups (1425 ml) of mashed potatoes (Russet)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- Mix all ingredients, except flour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Heat griddle to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Seperate dough into 12 sections and form into balls.
- Flatten them out very thin on board dusted with flour.
- Bake on griddle until brown spots show, turn and bake on other side also until brown spots appear.
- Lefsa stores very well in plastic bags in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can also be frozen for up to 6 months.
We eat them spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnimon and sugar.
But you can add meats or even peanut butter and jelly!!