- A "delicious" candy recipe. Don't let the ingredient of potatoes deceive you!
- Doris McCarthy
Serves/Makes:4 dozen pieces
- 1 medium sized potatos
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Approximately 6 cups (1425 ml) confectionery sugar
- Peanut Butter to one's liking (approximately 6 tbsp)
- Cook potato, cool, and mash.
- Potato must be cold! It is best if it has been refrigerated for awhile.
- Mashing: It is best if you can put the potato through a potato ricer as you DEFINITELY DO NOT want ANY lumps!
- Add vanilla and enough powdered sugar to resemble a dough.
- Divide in two.
- Roll out just like you would a pie crust, spread peanut butter, roll up into a small roll, refrigerate about 3 hours, then cut into small pieces. Make sure it is cold when you cut it.
- My mother used to make this candy with left over potatoes when I was a
child. You might want to cook a few extra ones!