- Sally Tarasoff
Serves/Makes:1 9x9x2 inch cake
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) Bisquick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cranberry sauce
- Sugar Icing:
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) and grease a 9 inch x 9 inch square pan.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Combine baking mix, sugar, egg, and milk.
- Beat well and spread into pan.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar icing ingredients.
- While warm frost with icing.
- You can use either regular cranberry sauce or the one with whole berries.
My mother would make this for hurried holiday breakfasts before church.