- Jane Johnson
- 3 pork tenderloins, sliced 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 cups (475 ml) Port wine
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) butter
- garlic oil
- salt and pepper
- Pound pork tenderloins under wax paper until thin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the Port wine sauce, reduce 2 cups (475 ml) Port over heat until thickened (about 20 minutes).
- In the meantime, cook the medalions of pork in a little garlic oil and keep warm in the oven at low temp.
- When the port has reduced, add 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time of butter (not margarine) until 7 are in the sauce.
- Place the pork on plate and pour sauce over.
- Serve at once.
- Goes well with Asparagus for color and baby new potatoes for the starch. A nice Merlot could accompany the meal.
Bon Appetit, Jane