- Those yummy sweet nuts you can make at home!
- Cindy McCann
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) almonds and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Combine in small bowl sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In separate medium bowl, combine egg white, water, and nuts.
- Pour dry mix over the nut mixture.
- Stir until nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread nuts into one layer on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve while warm or cooled.
- These are a family favorite when we go to stadium events, and now we
enjoy them at home too!