- 2 whole chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg).)
- 4 thin slices black forest ham or prosciutto
- 4 thin slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- Hollandaise or Bernaise sauce, optional
- Cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise.
- Flatten each half breast to 1/4 inch thickness, between plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each breast.
- Roll up carefully, secure with toothpicks, beginning at narrow end.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat rolls in flour mixture.
- Dip rolls into egg, roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook rolls in oil 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until light brown.
- Add water; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- I usually serve the chicken with Hollandaise or Bernaise sauce on the side.
Hope you enjoy!!!! Also great with egg noodles as a side dish.