- Chicken Broth with Egg Chinese
- William Bohannon
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 3 raw chicken wings
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch mixed with a little water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Place broth, boullion cube and chicken wings into soup pot.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes till chicken is done and tender. Remove chicken. (Use chicken meat for salads.)
- Skim broth.
- Add soy sauce and corn starch mixture.
- Taste for salt. Add more water if necessary.
- Bring to a boil until thickened slightly.
- Turn off heat.
- Swirl broth until it it keeps swirling by itself.
- Drizzle in egg while it is swirling. DO NOT STIR.
- Toss in green onions.
- Cover and keep warm.
- I saw a Chinese lady make this in an expensive chinese restaurant.
She was famous for her delicious soups.