Aunt Peggy's Salmon Pie with Cucumber Sauce
- Aunt Peggy
Serves/Makes:1 8 inch pie
- 1 pie crust for 8-inch pie
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) basil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 lb (.5 kg). canned salmon
- Sauce ingredients:
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley
- Combine eggs, milk,butter, onion, parsley and seasoning.
- Break salmon into chunks, removing bone and skin.
- Stir salmon into egg mixture.
- Pour into well greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Prepare pastry.
- 1/8 Roll inch thick and cut an 8 inch circle, then into 6 wedges.
- Arrange atop pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, grate and drain.
- Combine all ingredients, blend well and chill.
- Makes 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) (can be used also as a dip.)