- Below are some preparation tips for venison.
- A great marinade: red-wine vinegar or vinaigrette, especially for steaks and loins.
- Ground venison is wonderful in chili, or almost every dish that uses ground beef (less fat to drain, too!)
- A mushroom-wine sauce goes well with the stew meat (easy variation: Create-A-Meal)
- Stuff garlic cloves or minced garlic in roasts before putting in the oven.
- A word of caution: be sure to baste the roast as it tends to dry out quicker than a fattier beef roast.