- A savory and easy soup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sage leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- In a sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook until the onion is starting to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, parsley, green onions, thyme, sage, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the thyme sprig and sage leaf.
- I was aiming to make some black bean soup. Got the broth, carrot, and
onions out, then realized there were no black beans. The herb pot
provided the answer. Add some Tabasco if you want, to ease out of the