- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- Dip chicken breast into egg.
- Roll chicken breast in bread crumbs to coat.
- Put chicken in skillet on medium heat in butter.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add spaghetti sauce on top of chicken.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley.
- Cover, simmer 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Delicious served with Parmesano noodles and garlic bread.
Add a tossed green salad too.