Mesquite Lime Venison Roast
- Best Tasting Recipe for Venison Roast
- William Bohannon
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). venison hind-quarter roast
- 2 liter Coca-Cola
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) instant meat tenderizer
- 1 cup (225 ml) Mesquite-Lime Marinade
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mesquite Lime Marinade:
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Italian viniagrette salad dressing
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) mesquite flavor Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water or wine
- Prepare marinade: place all ingredients in bowl and stir.
- Pat venison roast dry with towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In large stock pot brown/sear roast in vegetable oil.
- Cover roast with Coca-Cola.
- Add meat tenderizer.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until falling apart tender (several hours).
- More Coca-Cola can be added as necessary.
- When roast is done remove from residual stock/cola.
- Add mesquite-lime marinade to pot and bring to a boil.
- Pull apart roast into serving pieces.
- Spoon cooking sauce over the pulled venison.
- Cover and keep warm.
- This method removes all wild gamey taste. The Marinade is sold
in most grocery stores. Recipe for marinade has not been tested.
I use the store bought kind.
This recipe should also work in a crock pot or pressure cooker.
Adjust time as needed.