- Wendy Lechner
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) frozen peas
- 6 mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Heat broth in a medium sauce pan until it simmers lightly.
- Add the peas and mushrooms and simmer about 3 minutes.
- While stirring the lightly simmering broth, slowly pour in the eggs.
- Keep stirring until the eggs are cooked and in ribbons.
- Do not let the soup boil hard.
- Serve as soon as possible.
- This soup tastes very fresh, light, and yummy. My 8 year old nephew
enjoys stirring in the eggs and telling everyone at dinner that he made