Christmas Cranberry Salad
- cranberry fruit molded salad
- Dottie West
- 1 pound of fresh whole cranberries
- 2 medium red apples
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 small box red jello
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) orange peel
- Clean and rinse cranberries.
- Finely grind in processor.
- Core apples and process till chopped fine.
- Pour sugar over top and mix well.
- Juice the oranges to 1 cup (225 ml) of juice. (If not enough, add water to make 1 cup)
- Pour in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add Jello and mix well.
- Add juice to cranberries and mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Grate orange peel and add to salad. (Mix well)
- Refrigerate till set.
- This salad is a bit tart and tangy but everyone just loves it! Best to make a day ahead.