Serves/Makes:about four servings
- 1 full head of cauliflower
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). bag of frozen cauliflower, or about a pound of fresh/frozen vegetables, broccoli, etc.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cubed processed cheese (i.e. Velveeta)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- Cut up the fresh cauliflower (or other vegetables), or take the frozen ones and boil them in the water until not quite tender. Do not drain!
- Combine the milk, flour, and boullion cube in a blender, blending until smooth.
- Add the cubed Velveeta to the blender, blend (a few pulses) until just combined.
- While stirring, add this blender mixture to the cauliflower and/or other vegetables along with their cooking water, in the same pan as they were cooked in.
- Stir over low heat until it comes to a simmer, continue to simmer for about 3 minutes, until the soup thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic to your liking, stir, and serve.
- The chicken boullion cube enhances the cheesiness of this soup.
Goes great with warm, crusty bread smothered with butter. You can also make it with any other vegetable.