Serves/Makes:1 - 8 inch pie
- 1 - 8 inch baked pie shell
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) white sugar
- 2 oz (56 grm). unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- whipped topping
- chopped walnuts
- In a mixer, cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar, creaming well.
- Blend in melted and thoroughly cooled chocolate and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour into cooled, baked pie shell.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and walnuts, if desired.