Serves/Makes:1 9-inch pie
- 1 baked 9 inch pie crust
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) white sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) half and half
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- ground cinnamon
- Mix cornstarch and sugar.
- Add 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter and half and half.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put under broiler until butter bubbles--watch it carefully as it doesn't take long.