- 1 wheel of brie cheese with rind left on
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) preserves (apricot, raspberry, etc.)
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- egg wash (beaten egg thinned with a little water)
- Spread the preserves on top of the brie.
- Cut pie crust to fit down over the sides of the brie.
- Press crust tightly to the sides. Cut off the extra. Do not tuck it under the cheese.
- Brush the pie crust with egg wash.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- Good served with sliced Granny Smith apples and crackers.
- For a more savory dish, use pesto, or minced dried tomatoes (in oil) instead of the preserves.
You can also wrap the brie in puff pastry, phyllo dough or even crescent roll dough purchased in the refrigerator or freezer section of the grocery store.