- 5 medium potatoes (baking)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) basil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) garlic pepper or 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder and 2 tsp (10 ml) pepper
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut the onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place potatoes and onion in a large bowl.
- Add one herb at a time and toss to coat all the potatoes.
- Continue until all herbs have been added.
- Add butter, potatoes, and onions to a baking pan.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender (approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Stir every 10 minute to prevent the potatoes on top from drying out.
- You can experiment with this recipe until you get it the way you like it.