- Kate Ransdell
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried apples
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) kirsch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- Chop the apricots, apples, raisins, pecans and coconut together by hand or in a food processor. All ingredients should be finely chopped and well blended.
- Add the kirsch and mix well to moisten.
- Form into balls about 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Squeeze each ball slightly as it is being formed to be sure that it stays together.
- Roll each ball in the sugar.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- These will keep for several weeks in an airtight tin or they freeze well.
This recipe comes from "Gifts in Good Taste" by Helen Hecht and Linda LaBate Mushlin.