Chicken Cordon Bleu with Broccoli Sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 thin slices of Ham
- 2 thin slices of Swiss Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 can of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 2 pieces of bacon
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place a piece of ham and a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll up from the narrow ends of chicken, as in a jelly roll.
- Lay a piece of bacon over each piece of chicken.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in skillet and add chicken.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until evenly brown, turning as needed. Drain fat from skillet and lightly pat excess grease from cooked chicken.
- Stir milk and soup into skillet until well blended.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until soup is thickened to desired consistency.
- This recipe is unique in that it features Broccoli Cheese Soup and bacon
is added on the outside of the chicken.