- sound like my Grandmothers Sugarplums
- Betty Crocker
Serves/Makes:approx 6 dozen
- 1 package (16 oz (448 grm).) flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 package (4 or 5 oz (140 grm). blached almonds ( my grama uses vanilla waffers)
- 1 package (3 oz (84 grm).) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 can (15 oz (420 grm).) sweetened condensed milk
- food coloring
- Put coconut and almonds through food grinder or blender.
- Mix coconut mixture, gelatin, sugar and milk.
- Color and make shapes with dampened hands, or shape dough in tspfuls into balls.
- Use a clove in the top for a stem.