- Just a little richer (if that's possible) than a straight Cream of Crab.
- Of Tide and Thyme - Junior League of Annapolis, MD
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). grated cheddar cheese (use white cheddar to keep white color)
- dash Tabasco or 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared brown mustard
- 2 cups (475 ml) crab meat, shell and cartiage removed
- chopped chives
- Old Bay Seasoning
- In saucepan melt butter and blend in salt, pepper, and flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheese, stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
- Add crabmeat and heat very slowly.
- Garnish with chives and Old Bay.