Chicken and Asparagus Casserole
- 1 lb (.5 kg). asparagus, canned or fresh
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth (from cooking the breast)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can mushrooms, drained
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) snipped parsley
- dash of pepper
- grated cheese, optional
- Melt butter, blend in flour, add broth and cook until thick.
- Add mushrooms and a dash of pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts, arrange in Pyrex dish and pour half the sauce over it.
- Arrange asparagus and pour remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and parsley over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle grated cheese over the baked casserole.
- This was the first dish I fixed my husband. And now 10 years and two
kids later it is still the way to his heart. It makes them think you
can actually cook!!!