Asparagus omlette with White Sauce
- Melody McAllister
- 3 eggs
- 6 cooked asparagus (or as many as you can fit into an omlette)
- canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 slice american cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- white sauce:
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- White sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar.
- Cook slightly, until it just barely starts to brown.
- Add the milk all at once, and heat on medium till thickened but not quite to boiling.
- Beat the three eggs, salt and pepper and add to frying pan. pulling in the edges as it cooks.
- Add the cooked asparagus, cheese, and mushrooms if desired (you can also add sauteed onions or anything else you'd like at this point.)
- I then put it under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Slide out onto plate and top with white sauce.
- I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. I serve it with