- William Bohannon
- 1 20 lb (9.1 kg). Ostritch thigh (plucked)
- 1 Large White Onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 sliced Red Delicious Apple (peeled and cored)
- 1 bulb of garlic peeled (15 cloves)
- 3 stalks of celery coarse chopped
- 1 Large Orange (peeled, seeded and quartered)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Kitchen Twine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Fillet the Ostrich thigh roast (split and remove bone neatly).
- Wash the meat thoroughly inside and out.
- Fillet large muscle by cutting almost through.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil all over.
- Place Onion, Celery, Orange, Apple, Garlic, and seasoned salt in center.
- Wrap filling with the fillet.
- Sew shut with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle liberally with more seasoned salt.
- Place stuffed ostritch fillet in baking/roasting pan lined with foil.
- Bake covered for 6-8 hours.
- Broil uncovered for several minutes to brown.
- Same as 20 lb. turkey recipe. Try turkey instead.